Re: -DVERSION for emacsclient

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: -DVERSION for emacsclient
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:17:35 +0100

On 11/23/06, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

You mean more portable than this:

No, that's about portable enough :-)

We could require Sed for the Windows build, and then do the above
(just replace single quotes with double quotes and escape-protect the
inner double quotes).

I don't really care much one way or the other, but it seems a bit
heavy-handed to require sed just to extract a version number for an
auxiliary tool like emacsclient.

Or we could craft an equivalent command using
native Windows tools.

That's what I was originally hoping for. Not very easy to do portably
all the way up from W95/98/98SE/Me, assuming we're still buildable on
these systems.

                   /L/e/k/t/u