Re: emacsclient: support `/' directory separator on w32

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacsclient: support `/' directory separator on w32
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 17:12:16 +0200

> From: Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 15:51:01 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > How locales are set in the environment is not standard C.
>
> It is.  See 7.11.1.1 The setlocale function.

This is a misunderstanding: by ``environment'' I meant the set of
environment variables outside the program, in the parent shell.

> The C locale is fully specified by the standard.

The standard defines how to set a C locale from within a program, not
how to set it from outside a program.  If emacsclient.c called
setlocale, which it doesn't, I wouldn't be wondering about isalpha.

The standard specifies that the locale should be C unless specified
otherwise, but I don't think the Windows runtime is compatible with
C9x, so we cannot rely on this behavior.  To say nothing of those
users who have some other locale set in their environment.