Re: string-to-char

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: string-to-char
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:13:38 +0100

On 11/27/06, Nick Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:

Very probably.  The problem with changing them and the large numbers of files
to which you are applying trivial fixes is that the code being pretested is no
longer that in the repository.

Well, yeah, except that: 1) the changes I've done are really trivial
(you're right on that account) and it would be very surprising if they
broke something (and I'm assuming you're referring to the \s changes,
as the other are mostly doc fixes), and 2) the 22.0.91 pretest has not
been announced, AFAIK. At least, I'm in the pretester's list and
didn't receive any announce (I received one in the devel list). So I
don't think it's being tested, more or less than the CVS HEAD usually
is. I would not be doing changes if there were a public pretest.

                   /L/e/k/t/u