Re: Switching to Subversion

From: Jari Aalto
Subject: Re: Switching to Subversion
Date: 28 Nov 2006 13:29:22 +0200

dhruva <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>  Adding to an already long chain are my experiences (as I was involved
> in selecting a SCM for the project).
>
> - I was then inclined in using bazaar which is implemented in PYTHON.
> Since PYTHON is quite well ported, I assumed the clients would run
> seamlessly on VMS. The snag was that the current bazaar-ng requires
> PYTHON 2.5+ (only 2.4 is ported on VMS)

This must be some kind of mixup. Bzr doe snore require python 2.5+.
It runs fine on standard python 2.4

    $ python -V
    Python 2.4.2

    $ bzr --version
    Bazaar (bzr) 0.10.0
    Using python interpreter: /usr/local/bin/python
    Using python standard library: /usr/local/lib/python2.4

Neither should 0.12 or forthcoming 0.13 require python 2.5.
It's the other way round: there are changes in bzr to make it
portable to 2.5.

Jari