Re: "Use font-lock-support-mode rather than calling lazy-lock-mode"

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: "Use font-lock-support-mode rather than calling lazy-lock-mode"
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:58:33 -0500

> What would people think of making font-lock-support-mode a no-op, and
> creating some new variable people can use if they really want to use
> something else instead of jit-lock?

They'd think "Damn, Richard!  What got into you?".
Seriously, I think we're wasting our time here: this problem does not
impact functionality.
AFAICT the OP's problem was the use of a separate package which enabled
lazy-lock.  That package is hence (minorl) broken and will be fixed soon
enough when people start reporting the problem.

        Stefan