Re: Fill for // style comments in C

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Fill for // style comments in C
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:41:58 +0100

> I tried this patch, and it does indeed seem to fix the filling problem
> -- but it has a serious side-effect:  with this patch applied, the SPC
> key (bound to self-insert-command) no longer works!  [There's no error
> or anything, but no spaces get inserted when you type SPC.]

Sorry.  I did experiment with auto-filling but failed to see that it
swallowed the spaces.  Please try the attached patch instead.

But we should probably wait for Alan to comment on this.
*** progmodes/cc-cmds.el        Mon Nov 27 10:32:48 2006
--- progmodes/cc-cmds.el        Tue Nov 28 22:29:14 2006
***************
*** 3897,3903 ****
              (prog1
                  (save-restriction
                    (narrow-to-region beg end)
!                   (apply fun args))
                (if point-rel
                    ;; Restore point if it was outside the region.
                    (if (< point-rel 0)
--- 3897,3906 ----
              (prog1
                  (save-restriction
                    (narrow-to-region beg end)
!                   (if (eq c-lit-type 'c++)
!                       (let ((comment-end ""))
!                         (apply fun args))