Re: the FTP files

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: the FTP files
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:29:49 -0500

I think we should copy etc/FTP into FTP, and update the web page with
whatever information is appropriate.  Would you like to do that?

Since you have write access to Emacs sources, you have write access
to the web pages.  Use savannah.gnu.org:/webcvs/emacs.
Or you could send me the HTML that you suggest installing,
and I will install it.

    Does information about how to get Scheme and Tex really need to be in
    the Emacs distribution?

Scheme, no, but maybe TeX and Texinfo.  But instead of giving the info
about them, we should just link to other places where it is normally
available.