Re: emacsclient: support `/' directory separator on w32

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacsclient: support `/' directory separator on w32
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:20:54 +0200

> Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:32:33 +0100
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> CC:  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> >
> > Why do you insist on distributing deviant versions, when the official
> > ones are not broken?
>
> Because I think the official version is a little bit broken and lack
> some functionality.

Distributing variants just adds to confusion and wastes precious
resources.  Therefore I think it should be done only if you have a
very good reason, and it certainly shouldn't be a knee-jerk reaction
to any disagreement.

> > Please, let's just drop this issue until after the release.  The right
> > fix is not that simple; I agree with David that emacsclient should be
> > consistent with Emacs, not with notepad.
>

> I think that both Emacs and Emacsclient should be consistent with the UI
> on w32 and therefore with Notepad.

Solving this in both Emacs and emacsclient is a non-trivial job that
should not be undertaken now.  I hope you agree that solving it _only_
in emacsclient is a bad idea.