Re: emacsclient: support `/' directory separator on w32

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacsclient: support `/' directory separator on w32
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:24:31 +0200

> Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:14:37 +0100
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
>
> Did not my message get through? My suggestion was when setting
> default-directory also set the working directory for the OS.

That's a scary suggestion.  For starters, it will have different
effects on Windows 9x and the newer versions (since cwd is a global OS
variable on Windows 9x).  It might also affect subprocesses and other
related aspects.  I don't think we should even think about going that
way.

Like I said: let's postpone this for after the release.