Re: Select and Paste

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Select and Paste
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 15:35:29 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
is a very nice feature to have in the menus but maybe not the best name for it since "Select" in nearly the same context refers to selecting text in the buffer.

    Maybe "Paste More"?

How about Paste Menu?

BTW "Paste" is enabled when you are in an info buffer, but "Select and Paste" is not.

That seems like a bug, but it doesn't happen when I try it,
and the code checks buffer-read-only.  Can you debug why it
fails for you?

If I start with

   emacs -Q

and go into an Info buffer then the "Paste" entry in the Options menu in the menu bar is enabled. I am using w32. So this does not happen on GNU/Linux?

Could someone tell me where the code is that should enable/disable the "Paste" entry? I tried to find it but it was not that simple.