usr1-signal, usr2-signal, etc.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: usr1-signal, usr2-signal, etc.
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 02:39:45 +0100

IMHO, the new signal events in emacs 22 are not done the right way.

To me, it would be cleaner to define them as [signal usr1],
[signal usr2], etc.

Ok, there is currently no "etc" in emacs 22, but if we later
want to be able to catch more signals, this would be a cleaner
way to extend the interface.

We could even allow numeric bindings, like [signal 10] for SIGUSR1,
and also variants like [signal SIGUSR1].

This is the last chance to change the interface, if people agree that
this is cleaner.