Re: gnus-summary-tick-article-forward doesn't work any more?

From: Michael Welsh Duggan
Subject: Re: gnus-summary-tick-article-forward doesn't work any more?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 01:51:38 -0500

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Recently I started to notice ticks being dropped in Gnus.  I first thought
>>> that maybe my IMAP server had changed and didn't allow tick marks any more
>>> (I access my IMAP server from a few different computers so if a tick is only
>>> recorded in the .newsrc rather than on the IMAP server it will appear to
>>> have been lost when I read my email from the other machine).
>
>> I haven't seen this bug, and I also use Gnus imap with heavy use of
>> ticks.  Is it still happening to you?
>
> Yes.  And even the unread status gets dropped: if I reproduce the same
> steps as in the original report but instead of ticking with ! and use M-u to
> mark it as unread, the same thing happens: the unseen status gets lost as
> soon as I leave the group and try to re-enter it.
> As mentioned, this doesn't happen with all messages, but I can still
> reproduce it with the same message and I know it happened with others
> as well.

First: are you running the server in agent mode?  In the *Server*
buffer (reach using `^' in group buffer), does the server you are
using have "(agent)" by it?  I have had similar problems in the past
when accidentally using the server in agent mode when I had no reason
no reason to do so.

Also, could you set `imap-debug' to t, reproduce the problem, and send the
contents (or partial contents) of the *imap-debug* buffer?

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(address@hidden)