Re: unicode font-backend + tiling

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: unicode font-backend + tiling
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 20:31:18 +0900

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> Isn't this good enough for the moment?
>
> % alias emacs-fb='emacs-unicode --enable-font-backend'

It's just that I often start emacs via non-command-line methods (menus,
via EDITOR, etc.; it's a pain to go though and change all those things).

I guess for now I can just hack emacs.c to default the command-line
option to "on".

As far as I can tell though, the feature is pretty stable -- I've not
had any crashes or weirdness since I finished debugging the problems
from the merge (none of which are problems with the the official unicode
branch) -- so it might even be better just to change the real default to
"on", on the assumpt that if someone uses "configure
--with-font-backend", they probably want to use it... :-]

-Miles
--
Americans are broad-minded people.  They'll accept the fact that a person can
be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater, and even a newspaperman, but if a