Re: SUSE users: Can anyone run GTK Emacs with wxGTK installed?

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: SUSE users: Can anyone run GTK Emacs with wxGTK installed?
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 13:27:01 +0100

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 00:38:00 +0100 Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stephen Berman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Before I take that step, I would be grateful if any SUSE users who uses
>> the GTK build of Emacs 22 could test this on their system (preferably
>> 10.1 or 10.0), so I can know whether this is a SUSE problem or a local
>> issue.
>
> I can't test 10.[01], but on 10.2 there is no problem starting Emacs while
> wxGTK is installed.

Well, that's something positive to look forward to :-), but 10.2
contains a different version of wxGTK, so I still don't know if my
problem is due to the wxGTK in 10.1 or some local configuration.  Do
you happen to know whether wxGTK changes any pango or fontconfig
related files, and if so which?  I ask because, as I mentioned,
although uninstalling the wxGTK binary rpm made Emacs-GTK start
normally again, when I compiled and installed wxGTK myself, and then
manually deleted the installed files, Emacs-GTK still segfaulted (and
unfortunately still does).

Steve Berman