Re: Bug in emacsbug.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Bug in emacsbug.el
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 10:07:37 +0900

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
> Would not an overlay be better? I guess that would not conflict with
> font-lock-mode?

Why would an overlay be better?  I think conceptually, it's clearly a
text property, and there's an established mechanism for dealing with
this particular case (overlays are also less efficient in general, but
that's proably not an issue in this case).  Indeed, it's arguably a
_feature_ that switching to font-lock-face would make the highlighting
respect font-lock mode, especially now that the latter is on by default.

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that