Re: t-mouse.el copyright assignment

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: t-mouse.el copyright assignment
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:11:13 +1300

 > How did lisp/t-mouse.el get installed with no copyright assignment
 > from Rubini on file?
 >
 > ;; Copyright (C) 1994,1995 Alessandro Rubini <address@hidden>
 > ;;               parts are by Ian T Zimmermann <address@hidden>, 1995,1998
 > ;; Copyright (C) 2006
 > ;; Free Software Foundation, Inc.

There was a private thread (Subject: t-mouse.el) between myself, RMS and
Alessandro Rubini (around 2005-01-05).  Alessandro said that he had no problems
with t-mouse.el being included and the main difficulty was tracking down Ian T
Zimmerman (actually one n as at start of t-mouse.el).  The FSF clerk contacted
me to say that he had an assignment for Ian in February 2006 (I've lost that
communication) and I committed the file shortly afterwards.

I have no way of checking who has made copyright assignments for Emacs but I'm
surprised Alessandro doesn't have one as his name appears as a developer
for Emacs on the Savannah website:
http://savannah.gnu.org/project/memberlist.php?group=emacs

How can that be?