Re: Scim can't be activated when the arg --enable-font-backend is used.

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Scim can't be activated when the arg --enable-font-backend is used.
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 21:26:43 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Hongyi Zhao <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Kenichi,
> I've been bewildered by this problem, when I run emacs with:

> =============
> % emacs --enable-font-backend
> =============

> then, I can't activate the SCIM by C-SPC, when I run this:

> =============
> % M-x shell
> =============

> and run the command under shell environment of emacs like this:

> =========
> scim -d
> =========

> the emacs will say:

> =====================
> address@hidden:~$ scim -d
> Smart Common Input Method 1.4.4

> Launching a SCIM process with x11...
> Creating backend ...
> Failed to launch SCIM.
> ====================

This typically happens when you have already running scim.

By the way, I've just commited another debugging code in
xfns.c.

Please update your cvs working directory and make emacs as
this:

% cd .../emacs
% make CFLAGS='-g -DDEBUG_XIC_FONTSET'

With this Emacs I get this kind of debugging information:

% LANG=zh_CN address@hidden emacs-unicode --enable-font-backend
XIC Fontset failed: -*-*-medium-r-normal--21-*-*-*-*-*
  missing: ISO8859-1
  missing: GB2312.1980-0
XIC Fontset created: -*-*-medium-r-normal--20-*-*-*-*-*

And I can activate scim by C-SPC.  What is your case?

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden