Re: address@hidden: Re: Failure to submit second netnews message]

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: Failure to submit second netnews message]
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 13:13:57 -0500

> ...and to be more precise
>
> I send a message to a newsgroup using gnus (as defined in
> lisp/gnus/message.el)
> The first message is sent successfully.
> I then send another message, totally different text to the same group
> (after all I moderate it and that is what I have to do) and it rejects
> the second message saying
> (error "Denied posting -- multiple copies")
> which is on line 3597 on lisp/gnus/message.el
>
> I am assuming that some value is not getting cleaned up when a message
> is sent.
>
> I will experiment with sending two unmoderated messages to see what
> happens, but I am late for a meeting now

I cannot reproduce this.  Problems such as this may arise from
configuration error on your end.  Please give a precise recipe, using
say alt.just.testing newsgroup.  For example, here is what I did
(news.mit.edu is my local news server):

emacs -Q
M-: (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.mit.edu")) RET
M-x gnus RET
S s nntp+news.mit.edu:alt.just.testing RET
SPC RET
a [... write a message...] C-c
a [... write a message...] C-c

I observe that both messages are posted with no problems.