Re: address@hidden: mouse-yank-at-point in Comint modes]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: mouse-yank-at-point in Comint modes]
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 13:26:24 -0500

    Ah, right.  It seems that trying to handle this case is hopeless because
    when `mouse-yank-at-point' is t, yanking will always try to yank in the
    wrong buffer if the target buffer is not current when Emacs receives the
    event (since `mouse-yank-at-click' skips the `mouse-set-point' call in
    that case).

When `mouse-yank-at-point' is t, the right thing to do is look up the
binding in the selected window (if it is different from the one
clicked on) and run that binding.  Both `mouse-yank-at-click' and
`comint-insert-input' should do that.

That way, if a comint buffer is selected, and you click in another window,
`comint-insert-input' will do its thing.

We need to prevent this from recurring more than once.
So if the function looks up the binding and sees "it's me"
it should proceed to do its real job.