Re: highlight-changes-mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: highlight-changes-mode
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:58:25 -0500

    >     A new variable highlight-changes-mode-turn-off-fn can be set to a
    >     function to be called to [optionally] turn off the mode in a buffer.
    >     If set to nil (the default) the mode is turned off unconditionally.
    >
    > I don't object to that mechanism, but the hard question is to choose
    > the user interface.

    So let it rest until after the release.  Please!

Certainly this is for after the release, and we don't have to discuss
it now either.

The only question for now is what global-highlight-changes-mode
should do when turning the mode off.  Should we go to trouble
to maintain its peculiar behavior, or should we make it like
most global major modes.