Problems in sending mail using GNUS: emacs-unicode-2 and Head branch

From: dhruva
Subject: Problems in sending mail using GNUS: emacs-unicode-2 and Head branch
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:05:08 +0530

Hi,
I am using GNU Emacs (emacs-unicode-2) on GNU/Linux. When I use GNUS
to send a mail using feedmail, I get the following error. Due to this,
I am unable to send mails. I am using IMAP and SMTP to access/send
mails. This used to work earlier (when I was working on windows box).

In the *Message* buffer:
Sending via mail...
FQM: Message action (q, i, d, e, ?)? [queue]:
FQM: Immediate send...
smtpmail-try-auth-methods: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

I set debug-on-error and got the following log:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
 base64-encode-string(nil t)
 smtpmail-try-auth-methods(#<process SMTP> (auth=login (auth gssapi
ntlm login) 8bitmime enhancedstatuscodes dsn etrn size)
"smtp.domain.com" 25)
byte-code("..................") ;; I could not paste the real contents
as they are non printable
 smtpmail-via-smtp(("address@hidden") #<buffer  *FQM Outgoing
Email Text*>)
 feedmail-buffer-to-smtpmail(#<buffer  *FQM Outgoing Email Text*>
#<buffer  *FQM Outgoing Email Errors*> ("address@hidden"
"address@hidden"))
 feedmail-give-it-to-buffer-eater()
 feedmail-send-it-immediately()
 feedmail-message-action-send()
 feedmail-send-it()
 #[nil " " [message-send-mail-function] 1]()
 gnus-agent-send-mail()
 message-send-mail(nil)
 message-send-via-mail(nil)
 message-send(nil)
 message-send-and-exit(nil)
 call-interactively(message-send-and-exit)

--
dhruva (dk)
Contents reflect my personal views only!