Re: gnus-summary-tick-article-forward doesn't work any more?

From: Michael Welsh Duggan
Subject: Re: gnus-summary-tick-article-forward doesn't work any more?
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 02:10:55 -0500

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> Can we get this thread moving again?

>>> Yes.  And even the unread status gets dropped: if I reproduce the same
>>> steps as in the original report but instead of ticking with ! and use M-u to
>>> mark it as unread, the same thing happens: the unseen status gets lost as
>>> soon as I leave the group and try to re-enter it.
>>> As mentioned, this doesn't happen with all messages, but I can still
>>> reproduce it with the same message and I know it happened with others
>>> as well.

[...]

>  Michael Welsh Duggan <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> First: are you running the server in agent mode?  In the *Server*
>> buffer (reach using `^' in group buffer), does the server you are
>> using have "(agent)" by it?  I have had similar problems in the past
>> when accidentally using the server in agent mode when I had no
>> reason to do so.

I would like to note that Stefan Monnier let me know that turning off
agent mode for the IMAP server did (at least temporarily) solve the
problem.  This, of course, does not solve the root of the problem.  I
suspect that the agent data stored in ~/News/agent gets corrupted, and
everything after that goes wonky.

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(address@hidden)