Re: Toolbar redraw causes unwanted selection

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Toolbar redraw causes unwanted selection
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 01:56:28 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> What _I_ am tired of is of explaining on help-gnu-emacs that various
> features that are buggy or don't work or are unavailable in Emacs 21.x
> will be better off in Emacs 22.

Yes it is getting really silly ...  our typical advice to anyone who
complains about problems in emacs 21.x is to try "CVS emacs aka Emacs
22.1"

So in effect, Emacs 22.1 has already been "released" for _years_ in an
infinite number of different versions.

> We should release Emacs 22.1 ASAP, IMO, and for that to happen, we
> should move away and/or reject any non-essential change, bug-fix, or
> ``annoyance-fix'' such as this one.  I submit that any misfeature that
> was present in Emacs for a long time cannot be an essential fix that
> we must make before the release.

I only see ONE problem remaining ... the slow font-lock in C mode.
And it seems there is a good change it will be fixed (to some
tolerable level) soon.

.. we still have 2 weeks left to make a release in 2006 !!