Re: bug in Python-mode

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: bug in Python-mode
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 01:06:35 +0100

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 02:03:59 +0200
Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> wrote:

#> Slawomir Nowaczyk wrote:
#> > On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 21:51:41 +0200
#> > Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> wrote:
#> >
#> > #> I wrote:
#> > #>> Indentation of this construct is broken:
#> > #>>
#> > #>> sys.stderr.write (str (lambda x:
#> > #>>                            x + 1))
#> > #>>
#> > #>> The reason is the ending column after lambda declaration.
#> > #>
#> > #> I meant `colon' of course.
#> >
#> > Well, you may be right, but I am not entirely sure... How do you think
#> > the indentation *should* look in this case?
#>
#> Damn, I cannot formulate even two sentences properly.  Indentation
#> _after_ this construct is broken.  Try copying it into a Python-mode
#> buffer and try to add a statement after it.

Well, both:

    sys.stderr.write (str (lambda x:
                               x + 1))
    a = 1

and:

    def aa():
        sys.stderr.write (str (lambda x:
                                   x + 1))
        a = 1

indent properly on my machine... Did I misunderstood you again?

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Honeymoon: time between I do and you'd better