Re: Problems with the url package on w32?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Problems with the url package on w32?
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:41:41 -0500

> original view), C-c C-a often mistakenly says that it's applying hunks
> which it's not.

This is the first time I hear of such a problem with C-c C-a.
For the record I know of the following problems:
- C-c C-a may apply the patch at the wrong placem if the context is not
  sufficiently discriminating.
- C-c C-a may claim the patch was already applied when it's not (typically
  again because the context is not sufficiently discriminating).
- C-c C-a may also occasionally fail to apply a patch even though it should
  succeed (e.g. because the hunk it too big which breaks the code that
  tries to ignore space-changes).

If you know of any other problem, please report it,

        Stefan