Re: nt/makefile.w32-in

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: nt/makefile.w32-in
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:02:04 +0200

> Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:37:29 +0000
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> but those directories are not used by the Windows port, so there is no
> reason for anyone to edit them on Windows (except for msdos, but I guess
> either nothing has changed for a long time, or Eli checks out everything
> with Unix line ends so hasn't seen the problem).

I always checkout with -kb (and that's the advice nt/INSTALL gives).

But the original question still stands: is there any reason not to
convert nt/makefile.w32-in to Unix EOLs?  Will something in the build
procedure break?

[...time passes...] Ah, I see this entry in nt/ChangeLog:

    2000-09-03  Andrew Innes  <address@hidden>

            * makefile.w32-in: Change to DOS line endings.

So I guess there _was_ a good reason for this, at least in the past,
and we better leave it that way, at least until after the release.