Re: nt/makefile.w32-in

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: nt/makefile.w32-in
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 22:18:10 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:37:29 +0000
From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden

but those directories are not used by the Windows port, so there is no reason for anyone to edit them on Windows (except for msdos, but I guess either nothing has changed for a long time, or Eli checks out everything with Unix line ends so hasn't seen the problem).

I always checkout with -kb (and that's the advice nt/INSTALL gives).

But the original question still stands: is there any reason not to
convert nt/makefile.w32-in to Unix EOLs?  Will something in the build
procedure break?

[...time passes...] Ah, I see this entry in nt/ChangeLog:

    2000-09-03  Andrew Innes  <address@hidden>

            * makefile.w32-in: Change to DOS line endings.

So I guess there _was_ a good reason for this, at least in the past,
and we better leave it that way, at least until after the release.

Could the reason be that the output from configure.bat has DOS line endings? nd/Makefile now has mixed line endings and that looks fragile to me.