Re: nt/makefile.w32-in

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: nt/makefile.w32-in
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:48:44 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 22:18:10 +0100
From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
CC: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden
    2000-09-03  Andrew Innes  <address@hidden>

            * makefile.w32-in: Change to DOS line endings.

So I guess there _was_ a good reason for this, at least in the past,
and we better leave it that way, at least until after the release.
Could the reason be that the output from configure.bat has DOS line endings?

Probably, some version of Make didn't like Unix EOLs.

nd/Makefile now has mixed line endings and that looks fragile to me.

After the release, I will convert gmake.defs and nmake.defs to DOS EOL
format.  I don't want to touch them now, as no one complained that it
interferes with the build.

I guess you are pretty sure that this is the right thing to do. Why not do it now then? Problems that could occur now just affects people checking out code, but if we release it with the problem it can affect those users trying to build Emacs quite a long time afterwards.