Re: nt/makefile.w32-in

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: nt/makefile.w32-in
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 00:35:29 +0100

Jason Rumney wrote:
Lennart Borgman wrote:
I guess you are pretty sure that this is the right thing to do. Why not do it now then? Problems that could occur now just affects people checking out code, but if we release it with the problem it can affect those users trying to build Emacs quite a long time afterwards.

What problems? Noone has reported any problems have they? This is an aesthetic change as far as I can see, so it is best left until after the release in case it has unforeseen side effects.

If we assume the make ports people use does not care about line endings, then yes. Otherwise no.