Re: nt/makefile.w32-in

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: nt/makefile.w32-in
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 00:45:46 +0100

On 12/22/06, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:

If we assume the make ports people use does not care about line endings,
then yes. Otherwise no.

I think we can safely assume something stronger: that relatively few
people try to build Emacs on Windows (the only build environment where
the [gn]make.defs issue is relevant), and the ones who do are usually
able to gather the info they need to successfully compile Emacs,
whether from a source tarball or from CVS. That's not to say we don't
have to make things easy; but certainly doesn't seem an urgent issue
right now.

(This from yours truly, who twice spent a good deal of time wondering
why nmake refused to work before thinking of checking line endings...)

                   /L/e/k/t/u