Re: nt/makefile.w32-in

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: nt/makefile.w32-in
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:15:53 +0100

On 12/22/06, LENNART BORGMAN <address@hidden> wrote:

What I want to avoid is trouble after the release for those who
wants to build themselves with tools that perhaps barks when
there are different line endings in Makefile.

The CVS is accesible to anyone, and already many people builds from
the CVS instead of waiting for an official release (understandably, I
might add). We don't receive complains about that issue, so it must be
either a non-problem, or at least quite easy to circumvent.

It seems like this point has somehow totally disappeared from
our discussion.

No. What seems to be disappearing from this discussion is this
collection of facts:

- not many people builds on Windows
- nobody's complaining about the line endings (but you)
- we're trying to do a release

and your counterarguments are:

- perhaps it could hypothetically be a problem for someone
- we can "fix" it, so let's fix it
- I don't think it will break anything

Excuse me if I don't find them compelling. (Yeah, I know I'm
simplifying your arguments; what are strawmen for? :)

                   /L/e/k/t/u