Re: Building cvs emacs on a dual-core machine

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Building cvs emacs on a dual-core machine
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 03:50:52 +0200

> From: Eric Lilja <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 00:30:54 +0100
>
> c:/mingw32-make-3.81-1/bin/mingw32-make -wj 1 --jobs=2 -C -C ../lisp
> bootstrap-clean
> mingw32-make: Entering an unknown directory
> mingw32-make: *** -C: No such file or directory.  Stop.

Fascinating... where did that second -C come from?  Can you try to
find out?

> Also, doing an ordinary bootstrap without specifying jobs or XMFLAGS
> doesn't seem to work right now either.

Please show a the error message in that case.  Bootstrap works for me,
both with -j 2 and without it, but I don't have a dual core machine,
only a hyper-threaded one.

Also, could you please invoke Make from CMD prompt, not from the
Cygwin shell?

Ordinary bootstrap works for me, I just verified that again.  Did you
try in a clean tree, or in the one where the -j 2 bootstrap failed?
If the latter, perhaps the cleaning targets don't do a good enough
job; please try in a clean tree.