Re: Should libXt-devel be required to build Emacs?

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Should libXt-devel be required to build Emacs?
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:06:24 +0100

Henrik Enberg skrev:

Hmm, no I did not have 2.6.1.  I did in fact not have autoconf installed
at all when it failed to find X, my shell history file reveals that I
installed libXt-dev and autoconf at the same time.  Does this then mean
that Emacs requires autoconf when just running configure?  Isn't the
point of the autotools suite that only people who _generate_ the build
scripts need them?

A normal user shall not be required to have autoconf at all. Check the top of configure and see what version it was generated with.

        Jan D.