Re: Saving when the coding system can't code all buffer characters

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Saving when the coding system can't code all buffer characters
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:09:28 -0500

    I think it is important to have a simple way to find the problematic
    character too. As I wrote before something like a button field in the
    *Warning* buffer is one idea.

That has two drawbacks:

* It requires you to click on a button.

* It won't work on a tty at all.

The suggestion to put this into straight into that buffer,
and not require the user to type or click anything, is much better.
Would someone please implement that so we can try it?