Re: Toolbar redraw causes unwanted selection

From: JD Smith
Subject: Re: Toolbar redraw causes unwanted selection
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:07:16 -0700

On Dec 28, 2006, at 10:57 PM, Nick Roberts wrote:

Have you added more icons to the IDLWAVE tool-bar ?
The default tool-bar doesn't need extra lines ...

None have been added in several years.  Perhaps you have the default
Emacs editing toolbar icons disabled?  Normally, IDLWAVE's icons are
appended to these (since they are valid in an idlwave-mode buffer),
causing the toolbar resize for normal frame widths and font sizes.
Is it possible this is the only mode which appends enough to the
normal editing set to wrap?  I find it hard to believe.

How about making IDLWAVE *replace* the default icons?  I don't know if
it's a good analogy but that's what I do in GUD. The default icons could be used in the source buffers but I don't think they're as useful, and when
the debug session is killed the default icons appear again.

The IDLWAVE icons appear whenever a shell session is running, not just when debugging, since they can be used to set and modify breakpoints, compile the file, examine variables, etc. Appending to the existing icon set is intentional, since the user can still do all the normal editing things. A better solution than appending, which isn't yet possible, is to place the IDLWAVE icons on a separate row of the toolbar.

Thanks,

JD