Re: Compilation problems with latest MSVC

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Compilation problems with latest MSVC
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 18:52:34 +0200

> Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:25:03 +0000
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Cc: David Robinow <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> I think I've figured out most of them, the remaining problem I'm having
> is that strftime.c and editfns.c want to use _tzname, which is not
> defined by any of the libraries.

I think I solved that by having HAVE_TZNAME defined in src/s/ms-w32.h
only for versions of MSVC before 1400.  If you think this is an okay
solution, I can dig out the patches (not that the above leaves any
place for doubt about the exact change).

> The changes I had to make outside the makefiles seem harmless, so I've
> checked them in.

Thanks.

How did you solve the problem with missing headers (windows.h and
probably the rest of Windows-specific ones)?