Re: bindat docs on length of str, strz, etc types

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: bindat docs on length of str, strz, etc types
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 09:42:06 +1100

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> I have now updated the bindat docs according to your suggestions.
> Please have a look.

I'm unsure about this bit

        In this case, the length can be given either by that field's
        name as specified for `bindat-get-field'

Should it say you write "(fieldname)" instead of a bare name.  Perhaps
if the "([NAME] HANDLER)" bit was at the start of the section you
could refer back to that instead of forward to bindat-get-field too.
Also maybe an @multitable could show the possibilities better than
words.  I suspect it's one of those things where patterns or examples
are easier to follow than actual description. :)

        integer        fixed given length
        (FIELDNAME)    length from a previous field
        (eval FORM)    length from evaluating FORM (more on eval below)