Re: National Language Support Functions

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: National Language Support Functions
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 02:27:32 +0100

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On 12/30/06, Lennart Borgman (gmail) <address@hidden> wrote:

Of course I did not say that. What made you think that?

When asked about your distribution, you used as argument that more
people downloaded your patched Emacs than the unpatched one. What's
the purpose of that comment?

To say that people seem to find the patches useful. But I agree with your argument that this is not an evidence at all.

I certainly log off, and I've never lost data that way. Perhaps I'm
used to exiting Emacs (and other programs) before logging off. That's
not to say you're not pointing out a real problem (in fact, I've never
seen your patch, but a priori it seems like a good idea).

I never close any program before shutting down. I hope they all behave according to the guidelines.

I fail to see the flood of complaints about Emacs' use of Alt, too.

You did not notice my complaints? ;-)

Perhaps people do not complain, perhaps they just move on.

Important. Not a specific goal, AFAICS. I don't think use of alt is
the only problem in that regard. And remapping of keys for
accessibility reasons can (and perhaps should) be done outside Emacs,
with other tools.

Part of the accessibility guidelines is to not put a burdon on those that needs the help they should give.

That means that every program should follow them.