Re: National Language Support Functions

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: National Language Support Functions
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:53:32 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
So it's okay to break the praised ``Windows guidelines'' when _you_
think there's no better solution, but it is _not_ okay when others
think following those guidelines makes more harm than help?  That's a
funny way of presenting a coherent case, I'd say.

I think you are unfortunately missing my argument. I want to give the users the alternative to use the left and right windows keys as meta.

The current code in Emacs does not allow the users to do that. The current discussion does not at all focus on this and it makes me a bit disappointed.

I looked at your low-level hook code once; it wasn't scary. It was
just complex for little gain.
There is simply no other way to do it.

Then I say let's not do it at all.

Well, since it seems like no one else than me here want to achieve this agree then let us settle on this then.

I still have my opinion that it is a good idea to let the users have that choice and I do not think there are problems technically with allowing it, but I understand you standpoint. It does add complexity to add the code needed.