Re: CVS repository synchronization for RefTeX

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: CVS repository synchronization for RefTeX
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:28:16 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Ralf said Emacs release cycle is too slow, but now you say that there
> are many RefTeX users that still use Emacs 21.  This sounds like a
> contradiction to me.

Having RefTeX on a separate release cycle than Emacs allows people to
keep a stable Emacs base system, but pick up RefTeX improvements
without needing to upgrade everything else that comes with Emacs at
the same time.  It also allows people to get RefTeX updates without
waiting years for an Emacs release.  Many people don't want to track
Emacs CVS, but would be willing to track released updates of a
specific component.

Carsten once made some changes to improve indexing a specific case for
me, and it was very nice that I could get them without going into CVS
or waiting for an Emacs release.

--
Alan Shutko <address@hidden> - I am the rocks.
Don't you just hate it when they verbify nouns?