Re: CVS repository synchronization for RefTeX

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: CVS repository synchronization for RefTeX
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:47:12 -0500

    If the part is maintained in a separate repository it is possible to
    check code into Emacs' repository when it is in releasable state,
    e.g. when a separate release of the part is being made.  Then one can
    go on developing in the separate repository without endangering Emacs'
    state as a whole.  Thus, in Emacs there there would be releasable code
    of the package at any time.

In theory, this is good.  But what often happens is that people
develop a package on its own, and we have trouble getting the changes
into Emacs.

Right now there are fixes in CC mode which have not been installed
in Emacs, and that is one of the things our release is waiting for.