Re: Documenting gpg-agent

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Documenting gpg-agent
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 17:13:23 -0500

    I strongly disagree.  gpg-agent is not a emacs feature, but a gnupg
    feature, and gnupg is utilized by emacs.  It's not in the scope of the
    Emacs manual to teach users everything they need to know to make
    sensible use of OpenPGP Mail encryption.

It is a mistake to design documentation based on rigid modularity.

Following a cross reference is a pain in the neck, for a human reader,
and many just won't do it.  So when the material in question is small,
it is much better to copy it and avoid the cross reference.

      Just as it isn't the duty of
    the Emacs manual to tell people about make, only because we have M-x
    compile...

If in 20 lines we could teach most people using M-x compile
all they need to know about make, we would include that too.