Re: Some problems in `add-log-current-defun'

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Re: Some problems in `add-log-current-defun'
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 09:27:33 +0800

I would like to install your fix for problems I, II and III,
but it is big enough that we need legal papers for it.
I will send you what is needed to do this, and in the mean time,
I will save that patch.

I am trying to get the postal address and will send this mail
later.  Thank you.

Here I'd like to say something for the fix of IV.  This change

2006-12-26  Guanpeng Xu  <address@hidden>  (tiny change)

        * add-log.el (add-log-current-defun): Call `forward-sexp'
        multiple times to pick a member function name defined as
        part of nested classes/namespaces.

created a bug.  For the following example,

   struct abc {
   -!-};

If point is at -!-, `add-log-current-defun' will return ``abc'' rather
than the desired, old ``struct abc''.  I found it when trying to
solve IV.  So, please consider to either revert the above change,
or install the fix of IV.  I think it is necessary to keep the behavior
correct for at least C, and based on my test I think there is little
risk of breaking something else to install the fix of IV.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/