Re: address@hidden: load-path missing?]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: load-path missing?]
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 16:23:38 -0500

    > I think what is going on is that configure sets up src/epaths.h based
    > on the value you specified for locallisppath, which overrides
    > the value that would have been computed from --prefix.
    >
    > Is that right?

    I guess it is not completely overridden since those 'site-lisp' dirs
    are still created and even contain subdirs.el.

That's the point.  The code that creates these directories does not
get the names from your specified locallisppath.  It constructs the
names based on PREFIX.

    I'd propose to have PREFIX/share/emacs/22.0.92/site-lisp included just
    like PREFIX/share/emacs/22.0.92/lisp, and PREFIX/share/emacs/site-lisp
    be the default value to --enable-locallisppath.

PREFIX/share/emacs/site-lisp _is_ in the default value for
locallisppath.  But you specified a different value
so you did not get the default.