Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 50, Issue 7

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 50, Issue 7
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:05:24 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> IMO this change in the manual of the text I wrote is ridiculous:

I agree.

>> address@hidden@key{SPC}}.  You can redefine some of them with meanings more
>> +like the MS-Windows meanings by enabling CUA Mode (@pxref{CUA
>> +Bindings}).

"more like" ?

For all practical purposes, there's no difference, so the new text is
much worse in this respect too!

> To add insult to injury, the ChangeLog entry accuses me of being
> lopsided towards Windows:

The change is attributed to RMS, so I don't see that it accuses
_you_ of anything.

> Such incidents make me wonder why I still spend almost all my free
> time working on Emacs, if what I get in return is this kind of
> rudeness.

I wonder sometimes too -- but that's because of the obvious inability
from our great leader to realize that there is no such thing as
bug-free software, not even Emacs.