Re: defcustom and the stars.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: defcustom and the stars.
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 14:57:33 +0100

On 1/3/07, Michaël Cadilhac <address@hidden> wrote:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/64677

Ah, I see. Sorry. I somehow missed that message's attached patch.

And the only reference to user variable in this doc is
for customizable vars (AFAICS).

Then yes, perhaps a doc patch would be in order.

Regarding your patch, I'm not sure. On one hand, talking about
set-variable in the output of describe-variable can be useful, and it
certainly isn't like we are shy about adding useful info there (try
with an automatically buffer-local, obsolete variable alias with a
safe-local-variable property :)

On the other hand, it is already quite crowded...

                   /L/e/k/t/u