Re: comments in Python mode

From: Steven Huwig
Subject: Re: comments in Python mode
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 18:59:40 -0500

On Jan 3, 2007, at 7:08 PM, Chris Moore wrote:

Steven Huwig <address@hidden> writes:

Maybe we are looking at different behavior.  I checked that
show-paren-mode and forward- and backward-sexp worked.  Is that what
you are doing?

It's what I'm doing, and it fails for me, using python.el revision
1.52, which hasn't been changed for a month or so.

I've tried lots of older versions of python.el, but they all (1.1,
1.10, 1.20, 1.30, 1.40, 1.49 - 1.52) exhibit the same problem.  I
guess the problem is in some other source file.

Well, I rebuilt my emacs from CVS on Jan 1, and it still works fine
for me.  This is quite strange.

Is there anyone else *besides* me that can input

test = (1,
        # Apostrophe: '
        2)

into a Python buffer and have the sexp-based commands work correctly?

-- Steve