Re: Codepages and shell function on w32

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: Codepages and shell function on w32
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 01:47:33 +0100

Hi Lennart,

Sorry for the late reply.

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" writes:
> I read from there that codepage ansi is the default for Cygwin. But
> what black magic do we need to use to specify what Cygwin calls
> codepage ansi or oem in Emacs?

Cygwin just uses the MS Windows naming conventions here.  "ANSI" is
the codepage that the graphics subsystem uses and "OEM" is the default
codepage for console I/O, like CMD.EXE uses it, e.g.

Emacs should have the coding system for the "ANSI" codepage in the
variable locale-coding-system, I think.

benny