Re: abbreviate-file-name on Windows seems incorrect

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: abbreviate-file-name on Windows seems incorrect
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 11:44:10 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> setenv only manipulates the environment that is passed to child
> processes, but does not modify Emacs's own environment.

???

In my Emacs, under debian, M-x setenv certainly seems to affect the
"Emacs environment" that the user sees.

In particular, doing (setenv "foo" ...) allows $foo to be used when
visiting files (i.e. substitute-in-file-name sees it), and doing
(setenv "HOME" ...) changes how expand-file-name expands a tilde.

If this doesn't happen in windows, it seems like a bug...

-Miles

--
((lambda (x) (list x x)) (lambda (x) (list x x)))