Re: Starting Emacs on Linux "frame-buffer" tty feels a bit scrappy

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Starting Emacs on Linux "frame-buffer" tty feels a bit scrappy
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 15:14:16 -0500

    I think I have sometimes seen several of these whole-screen scrollings,
    with a different buffer displayed after each one.

    This seems to me somewhat unpolished and scrappy - indecent, even.  The
    whole-screen scrollings seem to me most inappropriate - they are slow and
    computationally expensive.

I wonder if some terminal command that Emacs thinks is very fast
is actually executing very slowly.  I suggest you make a dribble file
to investigate what commands Emacs is sending.